Drop In is a quick way to talk to teammates when you need to sync up, clear a blocker or know that two minutes of talking will beat 10 back and forth chat threads.
To start a conversation with a workspace member:
- Scroll to Drop In to find the person you want to talk to
- Check their Activity presence to get a sense if it's a good time to interrupt – note timezone and what they are currently doing
- Click the person’s name (In the video demo below we'll Drop in on Justina)
- You will immediately appear on their desktop in the Loop Team window.
- They will only hear you and your video will be off.
- They can unmute to talk to you, or dismiss the Loop window if it’s not a good time for them.
Keep in mind:
- Everyone in your workspace can see who you are talking to. It is displayed in your workspace navigation.
- Video defaults off for both of you. Anyone can turn on Video during the Drop In.
- You can Screen Share during the Drop In.
- There is no Record option. The Drop In does not have transcripts, audio files, and meeting summaries.
- Soon, you will be able to quickly message back when you dismiss a Drop In.